Friday, February 13, 2015

Quick 'Fix' Friday: Valentine's Ideas & DIYs

We don't celebrate St. Valentine's Day in any major way around here, but I do like to do small things for my son, husband, and myself. Here's a collection of some past projects if you feel the need for a quick crafting 'fix' or one that may take a little extra time and effort! DIY gifts, refashion ideas, or even a lucky thrift score!

1// This little guy was a big hit with my son last year...I made it up as I went along after checking out some pics for inspiration! Making gifts can be so much more personal and fun, if you're up for it :).

2// Refashioning a plain cardi with tiny v's turned out to be the perfect 'fix' to mask a few mended holes! Can you guess what I'll be wearing this year on Valentine's Day??? Check out the tutorial here.

3// Heart-shaped hand warmers are a super simple, but oh-so-cute gift to give! Also, amazing scrap busting project! If you live in warmer climes, these can be chilled and used as cold packs for little booboos, too.

4// Another heart-themed refashion is this graduated heart cardigan! Perfect cozy cardigan for cold February days + scrap fabric = cozy but cute cuddle wear! Tutorial here.

5// If you're not feeling crafty, hit up your local thrift store for something Valentine's-worthy...say a vintage apron with heart-shaped pocket? Or any number of special, unique gifts! Better yet, go on a thrifting date with your bestie, significant other, or mother ;)

6// Need to DIY some Valentine's to pass out? Here's a look at what I made on the fly for my son's class this year!

7// Lastly, try something new...whether you have a date, have to work, or plan on cozying up with some comfort food and a movie, do something that makes you feel good about you. I might try out this red lip again...maybe ;).

Now get out there and love on yourself and those near and dear! And don't forget to check out Agy's mending fix over at Green Issues by Agy. Happy Friday :)

Peace,
Andrea

4 comments:

  1. Loving those cute hand warmers!
    And the glamorous red lip is a definite yes! xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JJ, I made the hand warmers for my nieces last year :) Yeah, the lipstick is still a hard one for me!

      Delete
  2. Glamorous look! Love the little heart cardy too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Agy! Wishing I wore the cardi more but I struggle to style it as it is wool and a tiny bit itchy...need to find a thin long-sleeved top to wear under it!

      Delete