Friday, February 27, 2015

Quick 'Fix' Friday: No-Sew Floral

As I'm forcing myself to do a major purge of my stash (being very strict about what I keep and what I pass on) I decided to spend my morning playing dress-up with some of the pieces to help me decide. I pulled out this oversized floral dress I picked up while in Michigan last summer. My sister and I always take the time to plan a thrifting trip early on a Saturday so that we can have breakfast and go shopping kid-free. Rare chance for both of us! I absolutely loved the floral print on this dress and knew that I'd be able to do something with it.


Little did I know that I wouldn't have to sew a stitch to completely love the after! I started by unbuttoning the top two buttons and folding the collar inward. Then I put on a thrifted gold belt and called it quits!


I'm loving the bohemian feel to it. It's light and airy and lovely to twirl in :). So romantic! Hoping I can wear it on a date with my husband come warm weather.


Well, it's definitely a keeper, that's for sure! I have quite a pile ready for donation, and more to go through, so I'll update as I go. But if you're looking for a 'fix' for an oversized dress, sometimes a belt is as far as you need to look.


Make sure you pop over to visit Agy of Green Issues by Agy to see her Fix It Friday post! She's sharing tips on sewing zippers...one of my sewing nemeses ;). Happy Friday, all, and happy refashioning!

Peace,
Andrea

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! And so simple. That gold belt looks great on the purple! Adds a little zing. And the neckline opens up the look so it doesn't overcrowd your lovely face. Well done you! xo Jj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JJ!!! I adore the purples and totally agree about the belt and neckline :) Appreciate the love!

      Delete
  2. I am always amazed when such a small change makes such a huge difference. This looks lovely on you! I have to get going on weeding out my huge lot of stuff, too. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny :) The purge continues! Slowly but surely ;)

      Delete