Thursday, February 5, 2015

// #thriftstylethursday // All About That Bass

This week's Thrift Style Thursday theme is All About That Bass! Essenitally, showcasing our fave thrifted bottoms, and how they showcase our bottoms ;) Or maybe thats just my interpretation of it. Lol! Love that Brittany of Lipstick & Yarn for coming up with this <3
I started out with this pair of American Rag pants that I thrifted last year. They were originally flared leg pants, so I made them skinny then shortened the hems. They are one of my favorite pairs because they're gray and super soft...and I think they look great on my rear ;). So does my husband, so win win! Now, I've thrifted loads of pants/jeans, and though I wear my jeans more regularly, these are still my favorite pair. I just wear them less to make them last longer.

I paired them with this blush/rose zip-back top, which I also love, but barely wear. (Keeping those New Year's Resolutions!) My fave thrifted boots were an obvious choice, along with thrifted bangles, earrings, and an old F21 necklace that I love and am wearing more frequently the longer I have it.
At work I put on a thin long cream cardi, thrifted, that you can see a peak of here along with a close-up of the accessory details.

So, how about that bass? Have you been lucky enough to find pieces that showcase your best assets?
Total cost on today's outfit breaks down as follows: // Loft blouse: thrifted $4, refashioned American Rag pants: thrifted $4, cream cardi: thrifted $3, mended leather boots: thrifted $9, F21 necklace: ? ~$12, earrings: thrifted $2, bangles: thrifted $4 // total: $38!

Now make sure you head over to all of these lovely ladies' blogs to see their fave thrifted bottoms and how they styled them up! And don't forget to drop me a line :)



Peace,
Andrea

8 comments:

  1. I love the grey/mauve combo. It's so soft and feminine, and a decent amount of spring-y. Super cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mauve! Much better description of the color...my brain feels like mush ;) Thanks dear, for the compliments!

      Delete
  2. I really love this look - are the buttons on the pants a shade of pink too? The blouse looks so lovely paired with these pants - such a nice, soft and pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buttons are! But only because I think they've been faded/discolored. Thank you so much, Beth, I loved this look too :)

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful necklace, and I LOVE those pants! You did an amazing job of refashioning them! I especially love the pretty, soft, feminine top with the more masculine gray trouser pants - fun play of textures and shapes! Beautiful styling!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colours together! And - I've done that, worn something less often to make it last!! Pamper those pants indeed!

    ReplyDelete