Friday, February 6, 2015

Work Wear #wiw

So no Quick 'Fix' Friday this week, but I have a round-up of recent work looks I've put together and posted over on my Instagram account. Being as I'm working in retail and am meant to reflect the 'look' the brand promotes, I can stay pretty casual but I love that I have an excuse for wearing pretty clothes on the daily :).









All of these looks are majority thrifted (as far as the clothing goes) with one or two items purchased new. What I'm loving about the items I've purchased new (and always at a deep discount) is that I am getting incredible use-value out of them. Even the more recent purchases have quickly become regular features in my weekly wardrobe and that is ALWAYS a good sign. My accessories are a mix of thrifted and clearance priced items that, again, I'm utilizing in my looks often. It's nice to be hitting a point where I'm narrowing down my wardrobe (little by little) to the pieces that I love and want to wear over and over for years and years. Granted, I'll continue to thrift and filter pieces in and out as seasons/styles change, but I know I've got some items that will stay with me for a long while.

Well, hope your weekend is restful and fills you back up for the week to come! I'm hoping, as always, to get through a refashion, but we'll see how that goes. Be well!

Peace,
Andrea

7 comments:

  1. As always you look great, but my two thoughts are: your hair has grown so long, and is that a curtain put up for blogging, or a real handy curtain?! :-) xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curtain put up to block kitchen smells from permeating our entire apartment ;) And it doubles as my backdrop, though I'd really like to have a better backdrop for indoor photos. And yes, my hair is getting long! Oh my! I know it happens gradually but lately its seeming to suddenly be longer than I remember...lol!

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same as Jazzy Jack - your hair is getting so long, and it's beautiful. Can I ask how you curl it? And I think it's great that you've found a job that is so in sync with your natural interests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I use a curling iron on low/medium heat to create the curls and then wear it this way up to 3-4 days before I need to recurl or wear differently until I wash it...I wash my hair up to twice a week, but closer to 3 times every 2 weeks. My hair holds curl really well, and I use no product (which I love).

      Delete
    2. I hear you on not using product. I'm sensitive to a lot of things, so I stick with the basics.

      I so wish I could grow my hair long again, but it just adds too many years to my face now. I'm trying different chin-length styles instead. It's a better look for me. Some people can wear it long forever, though. I'm thinking you could be one of those down the road - and you're still young now, and don't need to worry about it :)

      Delete
  3. Love the b/w photo of you. I can't many of my earrings nowadays. Eversince I gave birth my ears have just gone really sensitive to any type of earring be it gold, or even silver! My lobes turn red and all with pus :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, no fair! I get that with some earrings now though too. Thanks! I love that pic too :)

      Delete