Thursday, February 26, 2015

// #thriftstylethursday // Time Machine

When I realized yesterday, that today was Thursday, I went into panic mode for a minute...but just a minute ;). Beth's (of Life with Bethie the Boo) choice of Time Machine was the perfect chance for me to show off a pair of thrifted jeans I picked up last week!


I've been toying with the idea of getting a pair of flared jeans again for the past year, but never came across a pair that fit...and my obsession with skinny jeans/pants is real.


So, when I tried on one pair of jeans and they fit like this ^ (see above) well, I couldn't pass them up. And the flares are kinda perfect...they fit through the thigh then go straight down and out. When they fit tight through the knee, I don't like the way they look.


My top is a clearance Target top I snagged years ago (maybe 6 or so) and have worn a few times, but not in recent years. I think I'll be reviving this one :).


I also thought I'd leave my locks and face au natural for the sake of today's look, which if you haven't guessed, harkens to the late 60's and early 70's. It's a look (era) and a style that I love but don't often wear.



And though this works for a day off at home while the snow stands tall and frozen outside, it won't last me the day as I have to head back out to pick up my son from school...and these flared legs will do no good walking through the snow! Spring, please come. Now. Love, Andrea.


And because these are extra long, my clearance woven leather heels came in handy and will do more so when I can actually wear this out and about. For now, I'll spend my days off cuddled up on the couch eating comfort food and making a mess with my refashion stash as I think of what I could sew and then get overwhelmed by how much I have, while completely ignoring my cleaning 'to-do' list. :)

Hope this inspires you to embrace your favorite style era! Make sure to check out all of the other Thrift Style Thursday ladies and what they put together. And if you'd like to follow along with us, make sure to check our FaceBook page here




16 comments:

  1. I love this look so much! Those jeans fit you like a glove, and the flowy top is just perfect for the era. I went through a years-long "hippie" phase in high school, even when it wasn't in style. Thanks for taking me back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is beautiful on you! I love the top, the jeans and the au natural styling - seriously, your hair is gorgeous!! I can't wait for spring, either, so I can wear less clothing and more looks like this! The occasional warm days here are so teasing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Kristi! I'm just glad to have my long hair back again :) I always go through wanting to cut it short (shoulder length) then regretting it and wanting it back!

      Delete
  3. Your jeans are awesome! I am really loving my skinny jeans these days too, but I have been on the lookout for a perfect pair of flairs like these because I'd like to try a look like this too! I really love your top as well. Great 60's/70's boho vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone said that Spring wasn't going to come until April and I almost cried. But when it does - wow, that top is going to be perfect for warmer weather. :) I love how flawless this is. Completely different than my 60s/70s take! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh...April is too far away! And I love that specific eras can evoke two completely different styles! This was a fun theme :)

      Delete
  5. I have hung on to my flares (and even worn them) waiting for them to come back "in"...they just look so goshdarn good on the legs! I looooooooove that you went natural with hair and makeup! A flower in your hair somehow (floral crown? single flower?) would have been pretty cool too. :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally on the flower! I kept thinking that I was missing something (but not wanting to put too much effort into thinking, I quickly gave up) ;). I'll have to see about crafting something!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad it's survived my purges throughout the years!

      Delete
  7. Great jeans! That fit is pretty perfect, and your legs look loooong. I agree, next time a flower in the hair...if you can find one in the snow! Hmmm. Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how they make my legs look long...sometimes I feel they look so short but then that may just be me ;) Yeah, not many flowers out these days, though I could craft something that'll last all year long!

      Delete
  8. LOVE the jeans - I'm seriously just waiting patiently for flares to come back in style. Don't get me wrong, I love my skinnies - but flares were so fun (and flattering). Great finds this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing them out and about in the city (though not in a major way yet), so I might even be ahead of the trend this time!!! Usually I wait until it's pretty much played itself out ;)

      Delete