Remember these leggings I got for $1 at the end of January?
Yeah, they didn't fit so well in the waist...so I started playing around to see what my options could be for a refashion as I don't necessarily need another pair of leggings. The button detail is why I grabbed them in the first place, so I thought, "How about fingerless gloves...or somehow making the legs into sleeves?"
Which led me to try them on as a shrug...then cut out the crotch to see if I'd like it as a cropped sweater...
Not so much (though, I have seen this done and it was super cool!). I decided that I liked the button detail as the top of some boot socks :). So I measured how long I wanted them to be, sewed a sock shape, and cut away the remainder of the leggings...to be used in some future project, perhaps.
And then I got to trying them out as thigh-highs with a dress and oxford heels...or as boot socks over some skinny jeans with riding boots.
And I can even just wear them as I lounge around the house in my p.j. shorts! :) But I'll wear them most often as boot socks. This was crazy easy and quick...just the kind of project I needed today as all of the other sewing I'm doing is mending and alterations. Both of which are necessary, but also really cool because I'm taking things in after both my husband and I have lost some excess weight...and I'm pretty sure the clothes were a bit too big in the first place ;).
One last before and after shot!